The Grand Mesa Nordic Council is currently taking applications for Membership Director
Overview: The Grand Mesa Nordic Council (“GMNC”) Membership Director is a part-time seasonal position (September-May). The Membership Director reports to the President of the Board of Directors and is responsible for maintaining existing memberships with the GMNC by proactively communicating with members and acquiring new members by engaging in effective marketing.
Responsibilities and expectations:
• Writing the GMNC daily grooming report and positing it to the GMNC website and to members via e-mail each morning before 9:00am; this task involves daily communication with the GMNC groomers during the ski season to obtain trail conditions
• Maintain GMNC’s membership database
• Maintain GMNC’s website
• Account for membership funds received and transfer funds to the Treasurer or deposit funds in the GMNC bank account.
• Communicate with members and the public about volunteer projects
• Prepare and communicate a schedule of GMNC events such as races, fundraising events, lessons, and volunteer activities, to members and public
• Communicate with the President on a weekly or as-needed basis
• Attend two pre-season membership events, one in Mesa County and one in Delta County
• Coordinate volunteer staffing at membership drives at the fall ski swap and at membership tables during the ski season
• Attend two ski-season membership events and staff the membership table
• Edit and distribute to members three issues of the GMNC newsletter
• Provide monthly membership report to President five days in advance of monthly seasonal board meetings
• Write two grants for GMNC projects per year (can be done in the off season) and maintain GMNC grant spreadsheet
Skills needed to perform these duties:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with donor databases
• Adept at WordPress, word processing, database entry and social networking
• Willingness to work with other board members to achieve goals
• Able to respond quickly to last minute requests
• Basic cross country ski skills
• Experience working with non-profits
• Grant writing
Environmental Factors: The Membership Director will work remotely from their own home office. Attendance at GMNC events can present transportation challenges with snowstorms and winter driving conditions. Most GMNC events take place on Grand Mesa at an elevation of over 10,000 feet often in very cold winter conditions with blowing wind and snow.
Apply by: May 1, 2013
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to GMNC President via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GMNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status